Special competitions: John Addison Memorial Trophy
- The competition for the JOHN ADDISON TROPHY is held annually for the most outstanding Landscape and/or Seascape.
Images previously submitted in this competition are not eligible again. ie, each print/digital image may only be submitted to this competition once, regardless of how it scores and regardless of whether it has or has not been entered in the monthly competitions.
- This is not a regular monthly competition and entries shall not count toward aggregate points or awards.
- The competition is for both 'A' and 'B' grades together.
- Entries are limited to three (3) per member in each Section, ie three (3) digital image, three (3) colour prints and three (3) monochrome prints. Total of nine (9) images per member.
- Prints may be mounted or unmounted.
- Framed prints will not be accepted.
- The back of each print must be clearly marked with the following:
- The title of the picture (optional)
- The name of the entrant
- Grade - A grade or B grade
- ‘Top' to mark the orientation of the print
- Although this is a Print/ Digital competition, electronic images of the prints and digital images must be submitted via the competition web site Entries Web Page . See below "Projected Images" for the file and image sizes.
- Printed images can be handed in to the judging committee for display and judging on the night of the competition.
- Images are not allowed to be created in whole or in part by generative software (frequently called Artificial Intelligence or simply, "AI").
All elements of an image must originate as a photograph taken by the entrant using a camera. Images may not incorporate identifiable elements produced by anyone else (for example: clip art, replacement skies, or stock images).
By virtue of submitting an image, the entrant certifies the work as their own and the original RAW/JPEG image may be requested for validation.
- Landscape: A picture featuring the natural scenery of the terrain. Buildings, people or animals may be included providing it or they are subordinate to the scene depicted in the photograph.
- Seascape: A picture in which the sea or waves predominate. Coastal features or the shore line may be included to a lesser degree.
Each entry will be awarded a score of 1 to 10, the highest aggregate being deemed the winner
- Minimum print size 6.5" x 4.5" (16.5cm x 11.5cm), or 29.25 square inches (190 square cm).
- Maximum presentation size (including mount) 16" x 20" (40.6cm x 50.8cm) or 320 square inches (2062 square cm).
- Monochrome: Any image containing shades of only one colour. If toning is carried out, it must be over the whole image. Partial toning or the addition of one colour is not eligible.
- Colour prints to include all colour prints and prints made on black & white paper completely or partially toned in more than one colour, or having had the addition of more than one colour by any means.
- Each image must have a unique title. It is preferable to have the title with less than 30 characters.
- The maximum horizontal dimension of each digital image must be no more than 1920 pixels and the maximum vertical dimension must be no more than 1080 pixels.
- Each digital image file should in the JPEG-format, sRGB colour profile, and a maximum of 2MB in file size.
- Entries must be submitted via the competition web site.