This is a Digital Image Competition only.
No prints will be accepted.
The competition for the IRIS MILLIKAN TROPHY shall be held annually for the most outstanding creative image. It is awarded to the best Electronic Digital Image of a Creative or Experimental nature . The image submitted would have been manipulated by computer software or other means and therefore will not be a true representation of the original image. The competition is to highlight both the skills of the member in image manipulation as well as the artistic quality of the final image. The manipulation must be undertaken by the author.
- Note: This is a digital only competition.
- It shall be open to all financial members in both A and B Grades.
- Entries shall not count toward aggregate points or awards.
- Entries are limited to a maximum of six (6) images per member. Although monochrome and colour digital images may be entered, there are no separate sections.
- Digital images previously entered at any Club competition may be entered in this special competition, subject to Rules 6 and 7.
- Images that have previously won this competition trophy may not be re-submitted.
- Digital images substantially similar to a previous winning entry may not be submitted to this competition by the same author.
- The committee shall appoint a competent person or persons to act as judge and critic.
"Creative" or "altered reality" covers photographs that display a novel effect because of an unusual combination of objects and/or viewpoint. They are images that have been modified during or after exposure. The image must have a photographic base with the original work being exposed by the entrant.
- Competition entries must be made through the online competition entry form located on the Competition Entries - Submit Entries Page.
- Maximum file dimensions: 1920 x 1080 pixels (Horizontal x Vertical)
- Maximum file size to be no more than 2MB.
- Colour space for images should be: sRGB IEC6 1966-2.1
- Close off for all entries is on the Friday (11:59pm) before the competition.
- No entries will be accepted on the night of the competition.
- Image titles should be short and as concise as possible, namely 30 characters or less including spaces etc.