Special competitions: Lou Marafioti Trophy
This competition is a Prints only competition. There is NO digital image Section.
- The competition for the LOU MARAFIOTI TROPHY is held annually for the most outstanding Panoramic Landscape and/or Panoramic Seascape.
Images previously submitted in this competition are not eligible. ie, each print/digital image may only be submitted to this competition once, regardless of how it scores and regardless of whether it has or has not been entered in the monthly competitions.
This is not a regular monthly competition and entries shall not count toward aggregate points or awards.
- The competition is for both 'A' and 'B' grades together.
- Entries are limited to three (3) per member in each print section, ie, three (3) colour prints and three (3) monochrome prints. Total of six (6) images per member.
- Prints may be mounted or unmounted.
- Framed prints will not be accepted.
- The back of each print must be clearly marked with the following:
- The title of the picture (optional)
- The name of the entrant
- ‘Top' to mark the orientation of the print
- Although this is a "Print Only" competition, electronic images must be submitted via the competition web site Entries Web Page . Follow the prompts on the Entry. The uploaded images should be sized to 1920 x 1080 pixels (Horizontal x Vertical).
- Printed images can be handed in to the judging committee for display and judging on the night of the competition.
Definition: A panoramic image refers to pictures with an aspect ratio that is greater than normal. The image must be of a Landscape or Seascape (as per John Addison definition). The panoramic photo may be horizontal or vertical. A minimum long to short ratio of 3:1 will apply (ie, if an image is 60cm on its longest side, it cannot be more than 20cm on its shortest side). The maximum presentation length (including mat) is 1 metre; and the minimum image length is 40cm. ‘Length’ applies to the longest side.
In addition, as for the John Addison Memorial Trophy,
- Landscape: A picture featuring the natural scenery of the terrain. Buildings, people or animals may be included providing it or they are subordinate to the scene depicted in the photograph. A river or other inland water may be the dominant feature of the landscape.
- Seascape: A picture in which the sea or waves predominate. Coastal features or the shore line may be included to a lesser degree.
- Monochrome Print: Any image containing shades of only one colour. If toning is carried out, it must be over the whole image. Partial toning or the addition of one colour is not eligible.
- Colour prints to include all colour prints and prints made on black & white paper completely or partially toned in more than one colour, or having had the addition of more than one colour by any means.
How to enter this Competition.
Entry is done electronically and the link to the entry form may not be posted until a month or more before the competition.
This is the link to the Entry Page
Follow the prompts on the Entry Page
It is desirable to lodge an Electronic Digital Image with your entry even though you might be entering it in a Print Category. This is so that the audience can see the image projected on the screen while the Judge is viewing the original print.
Entries close at Midnight on the Sunday night before the competition.
Each entry will be awarded a score of 1 to 10, the highest aggregate being deemed the winner