The club conducts meetings regularly in North Adelaide with competitions, practicals, workshops and social weekends planned. Visitors to the club are always welcome. Please feel free to drop in one night .
Meetings are held at the rear of 176 Tynte Street, North Adelaide (behind the North Adelaide Library and alongside the North Adelaide Post Office) on the second, fourth and fifth Tuesday of each month (excluding Jan & Dec) and typically start at 7:30pm.
Each year the committee tries to make a programme that caters for all it's members. There are workshops and field trips to improve your photographic skills, talks from experienced photographers and competitions for those who are inclined. We encourage all members to enter our monthly competitions, as these are good forums to hear constructive appraisals of your work from independent judges. Please refer to the current programme for details and our page on how to prepare images and submit them for competition.
In 2017 the Club entered the FIAP (Fédération Internationale de l'Art Photographique) Clubs' World Cup competition. There were clubs from 41 countries, who between them submitted over 2,000 images for judging. The Adelaide Camera Club gained a creditable 20th position in a field of 201 clubs who participated.
If you are interested in joining the club, then please come along to any of the meetings at the clubrooms and take a look. Introduce yourself to any of the committee members (they will be wearing committee badges) and they will be pleased to answer any questions that you have.
The Club Annual General Meeting was held on Tuesday 23rd. October 2018 and your committee for the next 12 months is:-
President: Julie Deer
Vice President: Martin Newland
Secretary: Julie Deer & Martin Newland
Treasurer: Mark Stevens
Committee: Terry Gooley, Terry Mosel, Peter Barrien, John Pritchard, Martin Pickles, Ruth Benson, Chris Woods
If you are joining the Club for the first time, please complete the Membership Form 2019. The membership fee for new members is $90 for the first year which includes $10 for a name badge and welcome documentation. For each subsequent year, fees are show below.
Annual member fees are $80 or $75 if paid before the 31 December of the preceding year. The preferred method of payment is EFT. Banking details can be obtained from the Treasurer (email@example.com).
Otherwise, a cheque made payable to the "Adelaide Camera Club Inc" or cash is acceptable. These payments can be handed to the Treasurer at the next meeting. The 2019 Membership Form can be downloaded and forwarded to the Treasurer.
SALA 2019 - ACC display at the Capri Theatre August 1 – 31
The Adelaide Camera Club will again be taking part in SALA with an exhibition of prints in 2019.
Location: Capri Theatre 141 Goodwood Road GOODWOOD
Dates and Times: August 1 – 31 Open for public viewing at the following times
Tues, Sat & Sun: 1pm – 9pm
Wed, Thurs & Fri: 5.30pm – 9pm
How to enter your prints
- Up to three prints which have received 8, 9 or 10 points in Club competitions may be entered for exhibition and be available for sale.(Suggested price range $50 - $100 depending on the size of the print, but you can ask what you like.)
- Prints to be matted and in sizes acceptable for Club competitions
- Your name, the print title, asking price and email contact to be written on the back of each print
- Print to be entered via the ACC Web page as per Club competitions. (This will help us create a catalogue.) You will need to put the price of the print into the title as shown in the software.
- Entries close Friday 5th July.
- Bring your bundled prints, wrapped together and labelled SALA ENTRIES, along with your name and number of prints included, to any club meeting from now, but no later than 23rd July.
ACC Curator for SALA at the Capri
What is happening in August 2019
13th. Inter club Competition: Pike's Peak (USA)
24th. Field Trip: Adelaide Zoo. 9:15am
27th. Club Competition: Speed/Motion (set subject)